Members of the media are invited to join the Aerotropolis Atlanta Community Improvement Districts (AeroCIDs) for their Transit Innovation Summit. Vendors from all over the world will showcase transit-related technologies to invited guests, including elected and appointed officials from throughout the region.
The Aerotropolis Transit Feasibility Study project team will also highlight preliminary designs and transit solutions for the 15-square mile area surrounding Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. This event is by invitation only.
Date and location
Monday, Sept. 10, 2018
Georgia International Convention Center
2000 Convention Center Concourse
Atlanta, GA 30337
2:00-3:00 p.m. – Open house / exhibitors
3:00-3:30 p.m. – Presentations
- Gerald McDowell, Executive Director, Aerotropolis Atlanta CIDs
- Chris Tomlinson, Executive Director, ATL/SRTA/GRTA
- Rep. Kevin Tanner, Georgia House of Representative, Transportation Committee Chair
- Carol Comer, Director of Intermodal, Georgia DOT
3:30-5:00 p.m. – Open house / exhibitors; light snacks and beverages
Confirmed vendors and displays (others yet to be announced)
- Transit X – Solar-powered pods. http://www.transitx.com/
- Temple / Applied Information – Technology applications in the areas of traffic control, bus signal priority, intersection monitoring and travel safety. https://appinfoinc.com/
- Ultra Global PRT – Autonomous, electric vehicles/pods. http://www.ultraglobalprt.com/
- Bantam Strategy Group – Represents Bird, Lime, Zagster, Relay (bike sharing and electric scooter sharing networks). https://bantamstrategygroup.wordpress.com/
- American Maglev – Local company who’s developed a slow-speed maglev vehicle and track.
- MARTA – Displays and handouts about the MoreMARTA expansion; plus a new bus on display (new articulated, long bus).
- Aerotropolis Transit Feasibility Study – Video, slides and handouts about the Transit Feasibility Study.